Noelle: "Before I was born I lived in heaven with Corom."
Me: "Your new baby brother was there too-you were all waiting to come down to earth."
(This led to a whole conversation about how Noelle came to earth before Corom and before this baby. She seemed so confused- an abstract concept for such a little girl)
another conversation...
Noelle: "When the baby is born your tummy will get skinny again and then you can carry me." (This is in reference to a torn muscle that I have and restricted ability to lift. Noelle loves to be held and is eager to have her mom's arms again.)
tonight in the bath...
Noelle: "When the baby comes out you won't be pregnant any more."
Me: "Yup!"
Noelle: "When is the baby going to come out?"
Me: "Pretty soon, when summer is over and daddy goes back to school."
Noelle: "Will your tummy get skinny again?"
She was so little when Corom was born. It is so fun to watch those little wheels turn as she tries to make sense out of life's greatest miracle. We try to keep the conversations flowing, but it is usually the comments that come out of her thoughts that make me smile!

2 comments:
You're used to the barrage of questions from that little girl! I fumbled over a number of answers when she asked what that red thing was on Hayden!! She's too smart...
Tami, Noelle is so smart! I'm glad you got some time to visit your family this summer, I know how refreshing that can be. We will be coming up in the middle of August, I hope you will be free for some pool time at my mom's house. We'd love to catch up.
Post a Comment