Monday, March 29, 2010

Pictures, Pictures and more Pictures!

I am blogging tonight to clear my mind and to have an "adult conversation" being that I have been with my children all day. (okay, even if only one-sided) Adult conversations are few and far between. Just ask my neighbor Emily- I am forever knocking on her door just for the "yuck-yuck" as Dan would say. As far as Aldama updates go, we are plugging along. We have hit the point where we have just a year left of Dan's program and are facing the realities of jumping into this horrible economy. We are in the midst of making some pretty big decisions regarding internships that might lead into employment post-school. How on earth does a family go from the student life to trying to live a normal life? This is the question ever so much on my mind! Add to this the children component- where to raise them, how to raise them, etc. What we are finding is that the health care field can take you anywhere. It's just a matter of timing-the right position being open with the right pay at the right time. I am just so grateful that we are here and that Dan is pursuing a field in high demand and one that he is excited about. Boy, watching him go through school blows away any thoughts that I might have had about trying to go back and get my masters. At least at this stage in my life I can't imagine how hard it would be to juggle school and a family. He does it well, though I know he is exhausted!

We did have a chance to slip away this weekend to vacation with neighbors down in St. George (Southern Utah) and to go to Zion National Park. MAJESTIC! is the word we used to describe the gorgeous rock formations-a must see! We called it the Yosemite of Utah- really similar in its feel. We drove through the park, through a mile long tunnel in the mountain, took a short hike and took lots of pictures- (Just haven't downloaded the camera phone ones yet where most of the rock pictures are) We also had a great time relaxing, playing games and celebrating Emily's birthday. So, so, so nice to get away (especially for Dan) Other than that we are just watching the kids grow. I swear my life is filled with, "When did that happens?" Like today I sat Elijah up to play with toys on a blanket and let go to see if he could support himself. About 15 minutes went by before he tumbled over. Really, when did he learn to sit up? Am I too busy to notice such an accomplishment or am I just stunting his growth by not giving him the opportunity? And Corom has just started talking like a little boy. When did the talking switch turn on? He can now hold mature conversation- clear as can be. When did that happen? Life just seems to fly and I try each day to appreciate the beauty around me, especially the beauty of my family. For this reason I have recommitted myself to my journal and camera- I have to document more my blessings. Noelle and I just got home from a late-night run to the store. (Way past her bedtime, but I couldn't get myself to the store with all 3 today) There is a gorgeous blanket of snow, slushy and soft. My parents and Brandon are driving in tomorrow to spend Easter out here with all of us- my kids have been counting down and we are all excited to see them!

Tomorrow Elijah is 7 months- I can't even imagine our family without his sweet presence. Each month comes with new milestones and a deepened bond between this fun baby and our family. Happy 7 months Elijah and Happy Easter to all!













2 comments:

Josh and Gina said...

Great pictures, Tami!! I can't believe how big the kids are getting!

Nicole Hernandez said...

What a nice getaway! Oh Elijah, I just want to eat him up!